Wednesday 26 March 2014

Day 2: Something I feel strongly about!



Hello lovelies! 

So it's day two and time to talk about something I feel strongly about!
For me this is the subject of gay marriage. I know and love many people who have been affected by this topic. 

Now, my blog is a happy place so I don't want to get bogged down into all the politics of it, but rather give my stance on the topic. I know the approach to gay marriage is different in many countries, and every person has their own view so I am not here to devalue any personal choices or opinions. 

I don't know if it is the way my family is, or the people I have grown up around, but I have no opinion on the term 'gay' marriage. To me, marriage is marriage and is between two people who love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together. It does not matter to me if this is two men, an man and a women or two women. If the two people respect each other, support each others goals and are happy why do we have a problem? 
Seeing two men walking hand in had down the street does not hurt anyone; really in a world of one night stands and casual 'relationships', love is something to be appreciated by everyone. 

So I personally see no need for the term 'gay marriage'.
If two people love each other then they have the same right to marriage no matter what combination of male and female they are. 
That's just how I see it.

This really isn't the easiest subject to write about and this is the first time I have had to give my opinion on such a delicate topic via a blog post, but I just wanted to let you all know something i feel very strongly about.
If any of you feel like chatting more about this or letting me know how you feel,

tweet me at @gabbyrose18

kisses
gabs.x

No comments:

Post a Comment