Saturday 29 March 2014

Day 5: A book I love!


Hello Lovelies!

So it's day five and time to talk about a book I love. 

This book is one of my favourite reads of all time! It's heartbreaking yet once I reached the end it really influenced me to sit and think about how I was making the most of every day and the chances I am given.

The book is Before I Die by Jenny Downham.



Before I Die, tells the story of 16 year old Tessa, who has spent the last four years of her life battling leukemia. We are introduced to Tessa, as the decision is made to end the aggressive treatment that as been keeping her alive but not curing her. With the help of her best friend Zoey, Tessa compiles a bucket list. The story continues with Tessa trying to complete the list, whilst trying to find away to say goodbye to the world she loves and hasn't spent enough time in.

There are several moments in the book that really struck a cord with me. The relationship between Tessa and her father is so beautiful. On the surface they bicker and clash, but underneath is a man who cannot bear to let his only daughter go.

The items on Tessa's bucket list really did make me think, they are all simple things that we all get to look forward to; finding love, seeing spring, excitement. Tessa's story made me really appreciate the chances I will have and how I need to truly make the most of ever opportunity that comes my way.

This is definitely a book to be read with a box of tissues and a bar of chocolate, but its worth the sad moments to see the simple things everyone takes for granted in a new light! 

The book has also been made into a film called Now is Good starring Dakota Fanning. 

“It was strange how words meant something when they came out of your mouth. Inside your head they were safe and silent, but once they were outside, people grabbed hold of them.”

Kisses
Gabs.x


3 comments: